Get INPA/Ediabas software
The INPA software can be downloaded for free. Pleae click on this link: down.obd365.com/bmw-inpa-2.zip
Please note that with the software, you still need a hardware that is INPA K+Can diagnostic cable to connect the software and your car. The cable is available on OBD365 for $24.99 with free freight: http://www.obd365.com/wholesale/bmw-inpa-k-can-743.html
Install INPA/EDIABAS USB driver
Plug in the D-CAN cable into your USB port. Follow system prompts to install the driver software (if an installer is provided).
Connect the cable into a USB port on your PC. The PC should automatically search USB cable drivers. Follow the prompts to install the driver.
Once installed, go to Control Panel -> System -> click on the Hardware tab, and then click on Device Manager to make sure there is ‘USB Serial Port (COMX)'.
Right-click on the above and select ‘Properties’, then click on the ‘Port Settings’ Tab and then click on ‘Advanced’.
Setup INPA/EDIABAS software
* Extract the contents of the N54-Injector-Coding.zip file to the C:\ drive!
* Create a shortcut from C:\INPA\BIN\INPALOAD.EXE to your Desktop
* Go to System Properties. Under the Advanced tab, click the Environment Variables button:
Click on 'OK' and close all the windows, restart your PC to confirm all the changes.
* Go to C:\EDIABAS\BIN folder. Open OBD.ini file in a text editor. The first 4 lines should look like this:
Make sure that the port number matches the one you set during the D-CAN USB driver installation! If the COM port numbers do not match, EDIABAS will not be able to talk to your car!
Once you verified that this is the correct port number the D-CAN USB driver is using, save the file in its current location.
* Copy C:\EDIABAS\BIN\OBD.ini file to C:\Windows folder!
* Restart your computer! This is very important!
Coding the Injectors:
* Open your browser and watch the following YouTube video: